Mutual of Omaha Reviews and Company Information: A Buyer’s Guide
Mutual of Omaha is a well respected, long running life insurance and health insurance company. They have high rated products and services, and they are worth adding to your short list of companies to consider when purchasing a life or health policy. Our Mutual of Omaha Reviews Page will outline their company profile and guide you to the most relevant product information to help you in your buying process.
Mutual of Omaha Company Profile
A Brief History
Mutual Omaha started as a mutual benefit association for health and accident back in 1909. The firm began with its initial president Harry S. Weller, in Omaha, Nebraska, who until 1932, was the CEO. By 1920, it was authorized in 15 states to offer insurance. In the same year, insurance premiums rose over $1 million and the company was approved in 48 states and two territories less than 20 years later.
By 1958, Mutual of Omaha exceeded the $1 billion mark for benefits provided for the policyholder. Additionally, in 1963, the organization was recognized for its wildlife and reality programming, seen by Marlin Perkins in the ‘Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom.’ Today, the firm is continuing to advance significantly in the insurance sector as it is one of the few life insurance firms to sell Medicare Supplement policy plans online.
AA-, Rating as of 05/29/2020
Customer Service Rating
Is 789/1000, Mutual of Omaha is 5th on the J.D. Power list, Rating as of 13, October 2020. Source
Mutual of Omaha Subsidiaries
Insurance company subsidiaries refer to the “other names” the company goes by. Also called affiliates, you may encounter Mutual of Omaha writing you a policy from these following names:
- United of Omaha Life Insurance Company: For life insurance, fixed annuities, Medicare supplements, other life/health products:
- Companion Life Insurance Company: Life insurance only in New York
- United World Life Insurance Company: Medicare supplement insurance
- Omaha Insurance Company: Medicare supplement insurance
- Mutual of Omaha Investor Services, Inc.: Registered broker-dealer for mutual funds
- Omaha Supplemental Insurance Company: Health and accident coverage in limited states
Overview of Products Offered
As of this article, Mutual of Omaha offers the following types of insurance products:
- Term Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Burial Insurance (aka Final Expense or Funeral Insurance)
- Disability Insurance
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Medicare Supplement Insurance
- Medicare Part D Drug Coverage
- Investment and Pension Services
- Both Group and Individual Policy Services
Mutual of Omaha covers U.S. clients.